Cargill invests in local communities through economic development, partnerships and giving combined with the volunteer efforts of our employees. Cargill provides corporate support to select national and global nonprofit and nongovernmental organizations (NGOs) that serve communities in which we have a business presence. We support partners working within our focus areas of food security, nutrition, and sustainability. And, our businesses and facilities sponsor employee-led groups, called Cargill Cares Councils, which support civic and non-profit organizations in their local communities.
Cargill Cares Councils seek to recognize issues important to our communities; build effective relationships with community leaders; and work to help improve living standards and promote vibrant, stable communities.
Corporate responsibility is part of everything we do. We operate with integrity and accountability. We are committed to feeding the world in a sustainable, responsible and safe way; reducing our environmental impact; and improving the communities where we live and work, reaching more than 20,000 students and over 2,500 farmers and micro entrepreneurs.
Our vision is that by 2020 we will be recognized as a leading company that has a positive social impact by promoting nutrition and education in the communities we operate and by contributing to the development of our associates, clients and suppliers, allowing them to thrive.
- Product donation: USD 400K+, reaching more than 100,000 people through partnerships
- Over $550K invested in programs to promote nutrition and education, farmers livelihood and SMEs
- More than 75% of our people participate in community service (up to 99% in some countries)
- Employees fundraise over $165K, which are matched by the local businesses to invest in neighboring schools
- Partnerships with CARE, Technoserve and the World Food Program worth more than $ 4 MM