Poultry and processed meats businesses
Cargill has been operating in Central America since 1969. It has three businesses in the region: Cargill Protein Latin America, Cargill Feed and Nutrition and Cargill Business Services (only in Costa Rica). With a presence in Guatemala, Honduras, Nicaragua and Costa Rica, Cargill employs a team of more than 10,000 employees.
- Production and marketing of chicken and meat products
- Production and marketing of pet and animal food
- Integrated financial services
- Product donation: USD 400K+, reaching more than 100,000 people through partnerships.
- Over $550K invested in programs to promote nutrition and education, farmers livelihood and SMEs.
- More than 75% of our people participate in community service (up to 99% in some countries).
- Employees fundraise over $165K, which are matched by the local businesses to invest in neighboring schools.
- Partnerships with CARE, Technoserve and the World Food Program worth more than $ 4 MM.
In 1969 Cargill entered Central America by acquiring a major interest in “Alimentos Concentrados Nacionales,” (ALCON Honduras) a more than 50 years’ experience company that offers quality, service and differentiate value to the nutrition of different animal species.
Nicaragua - Cargill has been operating in Nicaragua since the year 2000 at Masaya. In 2000, Cargill acquired “Tip Top Industrial”, a Nicaraguan poultry business.
Guatemala - Cargill has been operating in Guatemala since 1999 and has over 700 employees in two facilities located in Guatemala City.
Honduras - Cargill has been operating in Honduras since 1969 and has 2,300 associates in six cities/towns throughout the country: San Pedro Sula, Tegucigalpa, La Ceiba, Santa Cruz de Yojoa, Siguatepeque, Comayagua, Choluteca, Tocoa and Juticalpa.